You may have difficulty with your articulation if you struggle to produce a crisp R or if you experience a tongue thrust on sounds like S, Z, CH, and J. A thorough assessment of your speech will help pinpoint the specific motor movements and speech patterns to be addressed. Your sessions will be tailored to your particular goals.
Accent reduction, also known as accent training or accent modification, is a systematic approach to helping people change their accent or gain greater control over their pronunciation. This unique service has its own dedicated page. Please visit the Accent page to learn more about this service.
Stuttering treatment is for those who experience disruptions in their speech such as repetitions, blocks, or prolongations. To learn more about stuttering treatment for adults, please visit the Stuttering page.
WHAT TO EXPECT
WHAT TO EXPECT
All treatment is provided by founder Allison Elium, M.A., CCC-SLP. Visit the About page to learn more about her training and expertise.
As a client of Wildflower Speech Therapy, you can expect to receive:
- A thorough evaluation of your speech and a customized treatment plan.
- One-on-one sessions using individualized materials based on your needs, profession, and interests.
- Personalized practice materials for you to reference between sessions.
- Data tracking to monitor your success.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate lunch-time, after-school, and after-work appointments.
- Option to meet virtually through a video-conferencing platform.
- Access to your speech therapist via email for questions between sessions.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
J’s job has put him in the position of traveling all over the Austin area, and he deals with the public in his travels. His speech therapy has been such a Godsend at this time of his life with his new job and we believe it has given him a confidence and ability to verbally navigate these waters with an ease of ability. Thank you, Allison!” - M.W.
As an adult, 39, reaching out for help... can be a pride-swallowing experience, but it’s even harder when all you find are speech therapists for children. Needless to say, the search was discouraging, and I was about to forget it and carry on as I have been until I came across Wildflower Speech Therapy. Allison Elium is fantastic!" -C.H.
Before speech therapy, I was struggling with my speech, not able to speak first in class, and not becoming a full leader. Now, I am in control of my speech, I speak up in class, and I'm becoming a leader." -M.Y.